This is another installment in my coaching clinic series about blocking in youth football. I hope you enjoy the video. I have also posted a few other blocking videos below that I like from YouTube.
Youth Football Blocking
- Violent Shoving / Knock People Down on Bootockies
- Hands are Weapons
- Eyes on Target – Body goes where eyes look
- No Chicken Wings – Engage Chest, Arm Pits / Elbows
- Hip Roll and Drive
- Quick Feet
- GOD / SAB / GOO / Wedge / BB / Zone / GOLD
- Pulling vs Overload or Combo
- Inside Gap most important gap
- 2 or 3 point stance
Here are two more video I like on technique that we teach.
Let me know what else I can cover to help you coaching youth offensive linemen. Do not just focus on your backfield, your offensive line will help you win championships. Make sure to have a dedicated coach that coaches your offensive linemen. Many teams the head coach will coach the offensive linemen.
Please add any comments below and please like the post and videos.
Play for Fun and Winning is Funner,
Ft. Worth, Texas / Keller