The following free youth football coaching clinic videos are from my KYA Football’s Youth Football Coaching Clinic training program given to new KYA Football coaches over the last 3 tackle little league seasons. This is a series of approximately 20 YouTube videos and blog articles on how to coach pee wee football offense, defense, and special teams.
Youth Football Coaching Clinic
I developed this youth football coaching clinic coaches training program after the league approached me help them train new coaches coming into KYA. KYA Football is a very competitive recreational youth football tackle league located in Keller, Texas, which is just North of Fort Worth in the DFW metro area.
Even though KYA is a recreational youth football league, there are many veteran pee wee football coaches within KYA that have coached football 10+ years and have also coached Select football. The league wants to educate its new coaches on how they might be able to jump start their season. This presentation is given to any new coach that enters KYA Football. New coaches must take the free youth football training clinic twice.
I know many of you potential or new coaches are thinking you do not need to watch this youth football coaching clinic presentation because you “know” football. Well, you may know how to watch football and play football, but I am not so sure you know how to coach youth football. Youth football is different than the football you see on television. I see so many new coaches go through my coaching clinic and come into KYA Football with high expectations of winning only to be disappointed in the season because they did not follow a few simple suggestions from the clinic. This new coaches presentation should be a starting place to begin your journey on how to coach “YOUTH” football.
- Intro to Coaching Youth Football – Why Do You Want to Coach?
- What Makes a Great Youth Football Coach?
- Evaluating, Ranking, and Drafting Youth Football Players
- Coaching Youth Football Fundamentals
- What Do Players Want from a Coach and Youth Football
- What do Parents want from Youth Football and their Coach?
- A Youth Football Coach’s Parent Communication
- Technology Tools for Youth Football Coaches
- Developing A Youth Football Practice Plan
- What is in Your Coaching Bag for Youth Football?
- Youth Football Offenses Overview
- Blocking Fundamentals for Youth Linemen
- Youth Football Defenses and Tackling
- Coaching Youth Football Special Teams
- Scouting in Youth Football
- Youth Football Drills
- More Drills on YouTube
- Coach Parker’s 62 Multi 8 Defense Introduction
This youth football coaching clinic coaches training was developed for KYA Football and has a few unique points specific to KYA Football but the main points in the presentation should be useful to most if not all coaches and not just new youth football coaches.
Many youth football coaches make it hard on themselves by doing a few things that can quickly sabotage a youth football tackle season. In this coaching youth football blog post, Coaching Youth Football to Lose – #1 Reasons Why – Stop it NOW!, we will look at a few ways coaches hurt themselves and their little league football teams.
I hope you enjoyed the free coaching tip videos in this youth football coaching clinic series.
Would love to hear your comments. Please like and share this page. You can contact me anytime. Thanks.
Play for Fun and Winning is Funner,
Keller, TX / DFW Texas
PS: Help support my blog and free youth football coaching clinic videos by purchasing one or more of my coaching youth football books in pdf format. Thank you.