I’ve been helping a couple of Ft Worth area youth football teams this season with their offensive line coaching. We’ve installed Rule Blocking and a few blocking calls so the boys can adjust at the line of scrimmage.
If you would like to research more about blocking Calls, read Radar Blocking. For us at the 7-11 age group we are using very simple calls. I am not going to elaborate on our rules but I will highlight a few of the calls we make at the line. We use different names for our calls. 🙂
Blocking Offensive Line Calls Youth Football
- “Attack” – Blitz – Center will identify a Middle Blitz and adjust blocking based on the LBs
- “Yellow” – Help – Lineman will make a call to request double team help
- “EMU” – Outside – TE or End Man on Line EMOL will attack outside defender
- “Green” – Good – Lineman is ok and does not need help
- “Black” – Dummy Call – Does not mean anything
You can get more complicated and call a cross blocks or folds, just depends on what your age group can handle.
Find more on Coaching Offensive Line Youth Football.
I hope you enjoyed the coaching youth football tips blog post; Blocking Offensive Line Calls Youth Football
Please leave me a comment below or contact me anytime. I love talking youth football, especially youth football blocking schemes and coaching youth football lineman.
Remember to Play for Fun and Winning is Funner!
Fort Worth, Texas
PS: Stay Safe!!