This free youth football coaching video outlines the defensive gaps and alignments in the 62 Multi 8 defense. These Defensive Gaps, alignments and techniques are common to most youth football defenses.
This is part 4 in the 18 part series on the 62 Multi 8 Youth Football Defense. Please check out Coach Parker’s other free videos on the 62 Multi 8 defense.
Defensive Gaps and Alignments Video
For all my free youth football coaching videos and other 62 Multi 8 Defensive videos check out my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/c/StephenParker
I stopped using the traditional defensive technique numbering system about 5 years ago. I felt I could keep it simple for youth football players and just use the same numbering system we use for offense and it worked pretty good. I do use the traditional defensive Gaps; A, B, C, D and E. We also number the offensive linemen for our stack calls which are similar to the offensive holes.
Our alignments are pretty easy. Our 4 down linemen are either in the Gaps or Head Up or just shaded to the inside. Of course our DE / ILBs line up 2 to 3 yards outside the end of man on the line (EMOL). I call the EMOL the Emu. Kids love it.
Please watch the video for more info and check out my other videos here on CoachParker.org or at my YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/c/StephenParker. Please subscribe, leave a comment and or like the video. Thanks.
62 Defense Video Clinic
- Introduction to the 62 Multi 8 Youth Football Defense
- Defensive Shifts in the 62 Multi 8 Defense
- Player Types in the 62 Multi 8 Defense
- 62 Multi 8 Defensive Gaps and Alignments
- 62×8 Stack Defenses
- Passing Defensive Formations in the 62×8 Defense
- Main Blitz Calls in the 62 Multi 8 Defense
- DB Blitz Calls in the 62×8 Defense
- Defensive Line Shifts in the 62 Multi 8 Defense
- More Blitz Calls in the 62 Multi 8 Defense
- Playing the 62×8 Defense with 7th Grade and Older Players
- How to Play DE in the 62 Multi 8 Defense
- How to Play inside linebacker in the 62 Multi 8 youth football defense
- How to Play Cornerback in the 62 Multi 8 Defense
- How to Play Defensive Tackle in the 62×8 Defense
- How to play Defensive Guards; kNob and GunR in the 62×8 Defense
- How to Play Free Safety / Fred on the 62 Multi 8 Defense
- Defensive Letter Alphabet Combo Calls in the Multi 6-2 Defense Series
You can BUY the companion digital book to the free 62 Multi 8 Youth Football Defense videos here.
Please like, comment, share and or subscribe to this post / video. I appreciate your continued support.
Play for Fun and Winning is Funner,
Ft. Worth, Texas / Keller, TX