This is the Linebacker Baseball Drill. It is one of my favorite linebacker youth football drills. I installed the LB drill to get my youth football linebackers reacting, moving and attacking the hole quicker.
- Coach with a baseball stands at tailback depth behind rings set up like an offensive line
- Linebacker or defensive back aligns at a MLB position or other DB position
- Coach rolls baseball to simulate path of running back
- LB or DB moves laterally and low to cut off the baseball and scoop the ball similar to short stop
- LB or DB should scoop ball and run 3 to 5 yards to simulate driving through the running back
This defensive youth football drill is a great movement and footwork drill for your young defensive backs. It also teaches them to stay low because they must scoop the ball. I hope you enjoy the football drill. I introduced the drill to a few of my linebackers last week and they loved it. We started grading them on a 1 to 3 scale on 5 reps and whoever had highest score won the game. They loved it.
other Linebacker Youth Football Drills
More Youth Football Drills
What is your favorite linebacker drill or youth football drills? Did my like this cool linebacker youth football drills? Let me know, I would love to hear from you. Contact me anytime. I love to talk coaching youth football and and new drills you might like to share.
Play for Fun and Winning is Funner!
Keller, Texas / Ft. Worth TX