- Coach with a baseball stands at tailback depth behind rings set up like an offensive line
- Linebacker or defensive back aligns at a MLB position or other DB position
- Coach rolls baseball to simulate path of running back
- LB or DB moves laterally and low to cut off the baseball and scoop the ball similar to short stop
- LB or DB should scoop ball and run 3 to 5 yards to simulate driving through the running back
This defensive youth football drill is a great movement and footwork drill for your young defensive backs. It also teaches them to stay low because they must scoop the ball. I hope you enjoy the football drill. I introduced the drill to a few of my linebackers last week and they loved it. We started grading them on a 1 to 3 scale on 5 reps and whoever had highest score won the game. They loved it.
Play for Fun and Winning is Funner!
Keller, Texas / Ft. Worth TX