What are the best offensive plays in Youth Football? I am sure we will argue over the best youth football plays, but I am going to take a shot at my favorite football plays for pee wee offenses ages 6 to 12 years old. After watching and coaching youth football games for almost 20 years, here is my top 10 offensive play list for youth football:
- Beast Right Tank – QB Off-Tackle Right 16 Dive
- Double Wing FB Wedge – FB 40 Gut Wedge
- Spread 2MO Jet TB Sweep 27 – TB Motion 27 Sweep Left
- Spin 2MO 38 Double Reverse – Fake Spread Jet Sweep WB Double Reverse Right
- Double Wing TE Pop Pass 90 Backside – Quick 7 to 10 yard pass to backside TE
- I Formation 35 WB Counter – Fake Dive and Sweep Right WB Counter Left
- Single Wing 28 TB Sweep – Power Sweep Right
- Spin 3MO 45 FB Dive – WB Motion direct snap to FB backside dive
- Split Wing Left 36 HB Cross Buck Counter – Fake 25 cross delayed dive to a 36 dive right
- Power I Left TB 23 Power Lead Dive Overload – Strong Unbalanced Line Double lead dive to three hole
I just remembered I like the Spread Jet 3Mo Half Back Y90 Pass too, but that’s another list. I am sure you have your favorites too. Please leave them in the comments and we can discuss. In the next few posts I will try to draw these plays up and discuss them in detail, explaining why I like them based on performance and aesthetics. I really wish I could get my youth players to learn all these formations and set these plays up as my offensive playbook. Well, maybe I will this Spring since I will be coaching players about to go into the 6th grade.
What are your favorite youth offensive plays? Let me know I would love to hear from you.
Remember, Play for Fun and Winning is Funner!
Good Luck this Season,
Keller, Texas, DFW, Dallas, Fort Worth, Texas