Below are Bill Parcells 11 Quarterback commandments:
- Ignore other opinions
- Clowns can’t run a huddle
- Fat QBs can’t avoid the rush
- Know your job cold
- Know your own players
- Be the same guy every day
- Throwing the ball away is a good play
- Learn to manage the game: clock, clock, clock
- Get your team in the endzone
- Don’t panic
- Don’t be a celebrity quarterback
I think these even work at the youth football level.
Here’a another good list I found…
10 Things that Make a Champion QB:
- Be a Leader and set the Standard
- Warm Up Properly
- Have a Solid Foundation
- Aim for Greatness
- Always have a positive attitude
- Explode from Center
- Have quick feet
- Use your eyes to look off
- Is he open?
- Serve your teammates
We try to pick one of the smartest skill players on our team to lay QB. He’s not usually the fastest player or even the best running back, but he is very smart and usually one of the calmest players on the field.
Have a great season. Play for Fun and Winning is Funner!